Getting into Granola!
With the warmer weather and summer days, many people find themselves craving fresher, lighter foods that can be enjoyed cold and don’t require heating and much preparation. So while porridge may be a winter hit and a cold-weather season staple, the heat of the summer makes it a less appealing option.
Sprinkle it on top of your smoothie bowl, enjoy it with fresh, seasonal fruit or drop it by the handful onto fresh yogurt, and your summer breakfast, lunch or snack is good to go.
But not all granola is created equal. In fact, some granola varieties have a lot of added sugar and are incredibly calorie dense compared to the nutritional profile they offer. We wanted to create something different and make a granola that you could enjoy whenever you wanted, knowing that you were nourishing your body, and getting a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals, while not getting an unwanted dose of sugar.
The Paleo Granola that we sell is packed with carefully selected ingredients to achieve just that:
- Buckwheat brings a crunch and is a complete source of protein, containing all the essential amino acids, and simultaneously offering prebiotics.
- Pumpkin seeds are an impressive source of iron and Zinc and are anti-parasitic
- Flax – golden and brown – is an effective way to obtain your essential fatty acids, especially the brain-friendly DHA. Coconut also contributes to the granola’s healthy fat content.
- Almonds and Sesame seeds are both a source of calcium, while the former also offers Vitamin E, good for skin health.
- Sour cherries create a nice tart pop in the mouth, and are especially beneficial for endurance athletes, where research has shown they have strong anti-inflammatory effects.
- The low sugar content, coming from natural sources such as maple syrup and coconut sugar, means the granola doesn’t cause a spike in your blood sugar and a mid-morning energy crash. Instead, it fuels you sustainably for a period of hours, thanks to the combination of complex carbohydrates, healthy fats and protein.
And of course, each variety of granola has a selection of Native Australian Ingredients, offering a plethora of health benefits, including Vitamin C, antioxidants, Vitamin E, magnesium and much more.