Riberry and Plum Waffles
There is no time that can’t be turned into waffle time! Making waffles at home yourself is a great way to have a healthy breakfast that fills you up and let’s you break up your routine from your regular weekday go-tos. These waffles make use of seasonal fresh plums, are made with whole grain ingredients and have a slight tartness thanks to the addition of Riberry.
Whether you have them for breakfast, or make up a batch to pop in the toaster and have for snack, these waffles are an easy to make option that might just become your new favourite. Don’t have a waffle maker? Turn them into pancakes instead!
Riberry and Plum Waffles (makes 3 waffles)
1 cup oats, ground into flour
¼ cup Honest to Goodness Australian organic rolled oats
¾ cup whole wheat flour
3 tbsp wheat germ
3 tbsp coconut sugar
3 g The Australian Superfood Co Riberry Powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup dates, soaked in ½ cup boiling water
1 cup almond milk
1 medium plum (any variety), finely diced
- Add one cup of oats to a blender and grind into flour.
- Add to a bowl with whole oats, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, sugar, riberry and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, soak dates in boiling water for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Add dates and soaking water to a blender with milk and blend until dates are ground up.
- Add the date mixture to the flour, and stir to combine.
- Fold in plum, mixing just until incorporated.
- Meanwhile, heat waffle iron, spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray, and spoon in waffle batter.
- Cook according to waffle maker directions and then remove and serve with your favourite fruit and healthy toppings!