White Chocolate & Roasted Wattleseed Custard
Christmas just isn’t quite Christmas without the tradition of plum pudding and custard after a hearty Christmas lunch. This velvety White Chocolate and Roasted Wattleseed Custard teams ups perfectly with our Quandong and Kakadu Plum Native Christmas Puddings. The nutty, coffee notes of wattleseed, give balance to the sweetness of the white chocolate and honey, to create a luscious, aromatic custard that’s delicious served hot or cold.
Time: 25 minutes
Makes: 3 cups
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 4 extra large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 100 grams white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp Roasted Wattleseed Spice
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Wattleseed Extract
- pinch sea salt
- Place milk and cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to4 minutes or until hot. Make sure you don’t let it boil.
- Whisk egg yolks, cornflour and sugar together in a heatproof bowl. Gradually whiskin hot milk mixture. Return to pan and add chocolate. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Stir in TASC Roasted Wattleseed Spice, Roasted Wattleseed Extract and sea Pour custard into a heat proof jug.
Serve warm over our Quandong and Kakadu Plum Native Christmas Puddings and garnish with fresh berries.
- Custard can be made a day ahead. Cover surface with plastic wrap and allow tocool Store in the refrigerator.
- Reheat custard before serving or serve cold.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie