Strawberry Gum, Apple & White Chocolate Muffins
Who knew native Strawberry Gum, apple and white chocolate would create such a flavour filled union, let alone a sensation. These muffins are bursting with fragrance and flavour. The sweet perfume of Strawberry Gum and subtle peppery notes of Riberry greet you before you even take your first bite and the addition of our Vanilla Berry Nutty Paleo Granola on top creates another layer that pleasures the palate with texture and crunch and brings this little cupcake of joy to life.
- Preheat oven to 170°C and fill a 12 hole muffin pan with muffin papers.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the coconut nut oil and honey (or maple syrup) together with a electric hand-held or stand mixer, until creamy. Add the eggs and beat for 1 minute. Add the grated apple and milk and mix well to combine.
- Add the ground hazelnuts, gluten free flour and baking soda to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the vanilla, finely ground Strawberry Gum and Riberry and sea salt and mix to incorporate for a few seconds. And finally fold through the white chocolate.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin papers and top with Vanilla Berry Nutty Paleo Granola.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes before transferring muffins to a wire rack to cool before eating or if you can’t resist, just let them cool for 5 – 10 minutes and eat them while they’re still warm 😉
*Gluten Free / Dairy Free / Vegetarian
Recipe created by Jules McKie @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie