Phillippa’s Bakery Lamingtons
The holidays are approaching, and whether you are looking to spend some extra time in the kitchen or are looking for a way to entertain the kids during school holidays, Lamingtons are always a win. We are honoured to have Phillippa herself from Phillippa’s Bakery share her recipe for this Aussie classic.
800g sponge approx. 4cm high, 24x34cm approx.
350g caster sugar
220g corn flour
10g cream tartar
500g plum jam
10 drops Davidson plum extract
- Mix together jam and extract
- Trim edges off sponge
- Split sponge in half horizontally
- Spread with plum jam
- Sandwich sponge together
- Cut into 30 cubes (5×6)
500g toasted flaked coconut
45g Davidson plum freeze-dried powder
- Mix together
White Chocolate Ganache
525g white chocolate
560g pure cream
- Place finely chopped chocolate in small heatproof bowl.
- Set over warm water on low heat (water should not touch bottom of bowl).
- Stir very frequently until almost melted. Remove from heat; stir until smooth.
- In small saucepan over low heat, heat cream just to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; add two-thirds of hot cream to melted white chocolate.
- Gently stir to incorporate, then beat until smooth.
- Gradually stir in remaining cream.
Dip the sponge squares in white chocolate and roll in coconut mixture.
Leave to dry on a wire rack.