Baked Finger Lime & Lemon Myrtle Citrus Tart
A classic citrus tart is all about the zing and that tangy surprise you get when you take that first bite. Our Baked Finger Lime & Lemon Myrtle Citrus Tart has all the zing of a classic citrus tart, with just a little extra tang. The tart base is deliciously buttery and the filling is silky smooth and not too sweet. In fact it’s perfect for morning tea or as a dinner party dessert.
- Place flour, butter and raw sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. With the motor stil running, add the egg yolks one at a time and process to combine. Add the iced water and process until the dough just comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently bring together to form a ball. Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Roll pastry out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 3mm-thick. Line a 28cm round lightly greased loose-bottomed tart tin with pastry round and trim the edges. Using a fork, prick the base of the pastry and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Line the pastry case with non-stick baking paper and fill with baking beads. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the baking beads and paper and bake for a further 10 minutes or until a light golden colour. Remove from the oven and reduce temperature to 140°C.
- To make the filling, place the cream, eggs, egg yolks, raw sugar, lemon juice, TASC Finger Lime native fruit powder and Lemon Myrtle native fruit extract in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Strain through a sieve and pour into the tart shell.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least one hour or until completely set.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with a dollop of double thick cream.
- Replace lemon juice with lime juice or use a combination of both lemon and lime juice.
- Try substituting Finger Lime Native Fruit Powder for our Kakadu Plum Native Fruit Powder.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie