Baked Finger Lime & Lemon Myrtle Citrus Tart
A classic citrus tart is all about the zing and that tangy suprise you get when you take that first bite. Our Baked Finger Lime & Lemon Myrtle Citrus Tart has all the zing of a classic citrus tart, with just a little extra tang. The tart base is deliciously buttery and the filling is silky smooth and not too sweet. In fact it’s perfect for morning tea or as a dinner party dessert.
Total Prep Time: 30 minutes + 1 hour to rest pastry
Total Cooking Time: 1 hour
Serves: 6 – 8
11⁄2 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
125 grams chilled butter, cut into cubes
1⁄2 cup raw sugar
3 egg yolks
1 tbsp iced water
1 cup pouring cream
2 whole eggs, large
3 egg yolks, large
1⁄2 cup raw sugar
3/4 cup lemon juice
1. Place flour, butter and raw sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. With the motor stil running, add the egg yolks one at a time and process to combine. Add the iced water and process until the dough just comes together.
2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently bring together to form a ball. Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C. Roll pastry out between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper to 3mm-thick. Line a 28cm round lightly greased loose-bottomed tart tin with pastry round and trim the edges. Using a fork, prick the base of the pastry and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Line the pastry case with non-stick baking paper and fill with baking beads. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the baking beads and paper and bake for a further 10 minutes or until a light golden colour. Remove from the oven and reduce temperature to 140°C.
5. To make the filling, place the cream, eggs, egg yolks, raw sugar, lemon juice, TASC Finger Lime native fruit powder and Lemon Myrtle native fruit extract in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Strain through a sieve and pour into the tart shell.
6. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least one hour or until completely set.
To serve: Dust with icing sugar and serve with a dollop of double thick cream.
- Replace lemon juice with lime juice or use a combination of both lemon and lime juice.
- Try substituting Finger Lime Native Fruit Powder for our Kakadu Plum Native Fruit Powder.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie