Bush Tomato & Pepperberry Bloody Mary with Saltbush Citrus Rim
As you know, we love taking traditional recipes and dressing them up with a little bit of Australian native inspiration. Which is exactly what we’ve done with this Bloody Mary recipe by adding our ground native Bush Tomato and Mountain Pepperberry to the mix and a Saltbush Citrus Rim. This is the perfect cocktail starter for your next boozy weekend brunch or a morning after cure, that can be easily adapted to a non-alcoholic, nutritious breakfast.
- Start by preparing the rim of the glasses by combining TASC Old Man Saltbush, Bush Tomato, sea salt and lime rind on a small plate.
- Rub the juicy side of 1 lime wedge around the rim of your glasses and roll the outer edge of the glasses in the Saltbush Citrus mix, until well coated.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and lime halves into a shaker or jug and drop the squeezed halves into the sharker or jug.
- Add the remaining Native Bloody Mary ingredients, including 1 cup of ice and shake or whisk.
- fill the glasses with ice cubes and strain the Bloody Mary mixture into prepared glasses.
- Garnish with speared green olives, gherkins and bacon, lime wedges, celery stalks and parsley sprigs
- Replace 60 mls of vodka with a little extra freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice to create a non-alcoholic, nutritious
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie