Butter Chicken with Cinnamon Myrtle
Hearty, creamy, bold and tasty…this butter chicken recipe is sure to keep you warm this winter.
- In a large bowl, mix the yoghurt, ginger and garlic, lemon juice, oil, turmeric and chilli powder. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator overnight, covered. For an extra smooth sauce, you can combine in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and roast for approx. 10-12 minutes until it is almost cooked but still a bit pink. We will cook it further later.
- For the curry, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat,Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 2-3 minutes, but don’t allow the onion to brown. Add the Cinnamon Myrtle, ginger, garlic, coriander and chilli and cook for 30 seconds, stirring so they don’t burn. Add the tomato passata, tomatoes, sugar and salt.
- Add the roasted chicken and warm through until simmering, about 20 minutes. Stir through the cream and milk, then remove from heat.
- Garnish with coriander/cilantro leaves if using. Serve with basmati rice.