Creamy Cauliflower, Leek & Bacon Soup with Native Cinnamon Myrtle, Pepperberry, & Saltbush
There’s something comforting about a hearty bowl of delicious soup on a winter’s day – and our creamy cauliflower, leek and bacon soup is no different. It’s full of delicious native flavour and is designed to warm you up from the inside out. It’s silky, creamy texture, familiar native flavours and crispy bacon lardons, makes such an irresistible combination – promising everyone will be back for seconds.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large heavy based saucepan over medium heat.
- Add bacon and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and set
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan.
- Add leek and garlic and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until leek are soft and fragrant, stirring
- Add cauliflower, potato and stock and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add TASC Cinnamon Myrtle and Saltbush and stir to combine. Remove from heat and allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Using a stick blender or food processor, blend until smooth (you may need to do this in batches).
- Return to saucepan over low heat, stir in cream and 3/4 of the bacon.
- Season with TASC Mountain Pepperberry and sea salt and stir well to combine.
- Ladel into soup bowls and garnish with a swirl of cream, bacon lardons and micro or finely chopped fresh herbs and serve with toasted wholegrain sourdough.
- Replace bacon with proscuitto or pancetta or omit altogether for a vegetarian
- For a thinner or thicker consistency, add more or less stock.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie