Davidson Plum and Wattleseed Veggie Burgers
Did someone say healthy veggie burgers? We’ve got a scrumptious recipe for you that has the added benefit of Davidson Plum and Wattleseed. This will quickly become a staple recipe at home for lunch or dinner!
- Begin by preheating the oven to 175°C
- Place the beetroot cubes on a lined baking tin, rub with olive oil and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Place the roasted beets in a food processor and pulse two or three times – you need some texture for the burgers, so make sure you don’t mash them completely.
- Transfer the beets into a large bowl, add all the other ingredients and stir to combine. If the texture is too mushy add more bread crumbs until you have the desired consistency.
- With slightly wet hands, shape the burgers and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes on one side, then flip over and bake for 15 more minutes on the other side.
- While the burgers are baking, prepare the dressing. Place all the ingredients in the food processor and process for a creamy sauce.
- Assemble the burgers immediately after removing from the oven.
- Cut the bun in halves, spread bun bases with dressing, add the beet burger, top generously with avocado dressing, parsley and put on the bun top.
- Enjoy straight away!
Recipe adapted from The Awesome Green