Davidson Plum Jam Granola Bars
Our most loved snack for any time of the day, any day of the week! Packed with Davidson Plum jam for Vitamin E and youthful skin, these will leave you completely satisfied in more ways than one.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a 9×13-inch baking dish with a sling of parchment paper.
- For the Davidson Plum Jam, combine the Davidson Plum powder and sugar, and let them macerate for approx. 10 minutes, or until the sugar has begun to dissolve into the fruit. Transfer them to a pot and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Add the salt, lemon juice, water and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cut the walnut halves until they’re coarsely chopped. Place in a large mixing bowl and mix in the brown sugar and 2 cups of oats.
- In a food processor, combine the remaining 1 cup of oats with the all-purpose and whole-wheat flours, salt, and baking powder. Process in brief pulses until oats are pulverised, about 10 brief pulses. Add the butter to the food processor and pulse briefly until the butter is fully incorporated about 5 brief pulses.
- Combine the oat-butter mixture with the chopped walnuts, brown sugar, and oats in the mixing bowl. Use a big spoon to mix until the ingredients are thoroughly blended — the mixture should still be crumbly however when pressed into a little first, it should hold.
- Transfer half of the granola mixture to the lined baking dish and press it down firmly, making sure to spread it out evenly all the way to the edges and corners of the dish. Place the Davidson Plum jam on top, then spread it into an even layer using the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the second half of the granola mixture over the top of the jam in an even layer, patting it gently into the jam to create a flat surface.
- Sprinkle the second half of the granola mixture over the top of the jam in an even layer, patting it gently into the jam to create a flat surface.
- Bake the bars just until the top is lightly browned and the jam has begun to bubble up around the edges for approx 35 minutes. Rotate the baking dish once during cooking.
- Cool, then cut into bars and enjoy.