Kakadu Plum Caramel Sauce
No Christmas pudding is complete without the perfect sauce and this Kakadu Plum infused caramel sauce partners perfectly with our Quandong and Kakadu Plum spiced Christmas Pudding, created by the award winning team at PUDs for all seasons. Try out this unique vegan caramel sauce, made using dates and our Kakadu Plum Extract.
- Place the dates in a heat proof bowl, and pour on enough boiling water to cover dates. Set aside until dates have softened.
- Once dates are soft, add to a blender or food processor with half a cup of the boiling water.
- Add the cinnamon, coconut cream and salt and then blend until smooth.
- Add additional soaking water as necessary to help thin it out and to allow the mixture to reach a smooth consistency. It should be thin enough that it can be easily poured.
- Once the mixture is smooth and pourable, add the Kakadu Plum Extract and blend for 10-15 more seconds to incorporate.
- Pour into a jar and store in the fridge or heat gently over low heat and enjoy on your Christmas pudding. It is also perfect for pouring over fruit or fruit crisps for dessert, to spread on toast or to use in other baked treats, cakes and pies.