Kale and Mountain Pepper Leaf Pizza Crust with Tomato, Red Onion and Mushroom
We all love pizza but often feel guilty indulging in it, that’s why we’ve created this healthy alternative using Kale and Mountain Pepper Leaf as the base. Mountain Pepper Leaf can be used in place of regular pepper but provides an exotic taste so you can enjoy this pizza…guilt free!
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- In a food processor with the S blade attachment, add the raw kale, trimmed and washed. Add the eggs, cheese, breadcrumbs, oats, salt and Mountain Pepper Leaf.
- Process until it forms a sticky pizza dough.
- Place the kale pizza dough onto a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Using your hand, press the ball to flatten and extend the dough with your finger until it forms a pizza crust of about 0.4 mm thickness, 20 cm diameter. If sticky, slightly oil your hands with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the kale crust is firm and starts to get brown on the sides.
- Remove from the oven, add your tomato, red onion and mushrooms or any other pizza toppings you’d like, starting with sauce then flat ingredients then cheese.
- Return to the oven until the toppings are cooked and cheese is melted.
- Serve hot and it can be stored in the fridge up to 2 days.