Lemon Myrtle & Coconut Rice Pudding with Davidson Plum Compote
Lemon Myrtle and coconut are like a marriage made-in-heaven in this comforting, traditional family dessert. Our Lemon Myrtle and Coconut Rice Pudding with it’s fragrant aroma and creamy texture, is delicious served hot or cold with our Davidson Plum Compote. In fact it’s the perfect way to end any meal.
Lemon Myrtle & Coconut Rice Pudding
- Place the rice, 550 ml milk, coconut milk and sugar in a large heavy base saucepan and stir well to combine.
- Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Place lid on saucepan, reduce heat to low-medium and continue cooking for 12 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat, pour in the extra 150 ml milk and stir well. Add vanilla, Ground Lemon Myrtle, lemon rind and sea salt and stir well to combine. Set aside to rest.
Davidson Plum Compote
- Cut plums in half, remove the seed, then cut in half again. Add plum quarters to a heavy base saucepan with sugar, lemon juice and Bring to a gentle simmer over low-medium heat, cover and simmer for about 8-10 min, until the plums are soft.
- Remove saucepan from the heat. Gently stir in Davidson Plum Freeze Dried Powder and sea salt, and set aside to cool.
- Serve rice pudding warm or cold in jars or bowls, topped with compote and toasted coconut.
- Add a little extra milk or coconut milk for a thinner consistency.
- We used almond milk in this recipe, but you can also use full cream milk.
- Rice pudding can be served warm or cold.
- Serve compote cold over warm rice pudding or heat slightly and serve over cold pudding.
- Store in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 days (if it lasts that long) or freeze for up to 2 month.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie