Lemon Myrtle & Mountain Pepper Leaf Cheese Log
Nothing beats an appetizer that can be made in 15 minutes. That’s what we love most about this Lemon Myrtle & Mountain Pepper Leaf Cheese Log. And it’s the perfect appetizer for your next party, picnic or special occasion. It’s made by combining three types of cheese with our very own Lemon Myrtle and Mountain Pepper Leaf and a few extra fresh ingredients. We’ve then coasted it in a delicious crumb of toasted hazelnuts, lemon rind and fresh herbs, just to finish it off. Serve it on a platter with your favourite crackers, fresh fruit, vegetable crudites, and sweet, fresh honeycomb.
Hazelnut & Herb Crumb
- Place all ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside.
Three Cheese Log
- Place cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and gather the mixture into one lump. Cut in half and using your hands, shape both pieces into log shapes. Add a little olive oil to your hands to stop the mixture from sticking and help form the mixture into the desired shape.
- Tip the crumb mixture onto a flat plate. Roll each log in the crumb mixture, pressing gently to ensure the cheese log is well coated and the crumb sticks.
- Place the cheese logs in a sealed container, lined with baking Refrigerate for approx. 1 hour to allow it to firm up.
Serve on a platter with crackers, fresh fruit (figs, apple and pear slices, blueberries, grapes), vegetable cruidites and sweet, fresh honeycomb.Tips
- Shape the mixture into one large cheeseball or individual mini cheeseballs, for something different.
- Make the cheese logs ahead of time and store in an airtight container. Leave the crumb off the logs until you’re ready to serve them.
- The cheese mixture will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a week, depending on the freshness of your ingredients.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie