Marinated Chicken Satay
These perfectly grilled chicken satay skewers are marinated in a delicious flavour combination – taking a few traditional satay marinade spices and combing them with our native Desert and Finger Lime fruit powders. We’ve then served them up with our native Wattleseed Peanut Sauce to create the best chicken satays ever.
- To make the wattleseed peanut sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Stir in 1 – 2 tablespoons of water and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Cut chicken tenderloins in half, lengthwise and thread tenderloin halves onto skewers. Layer evenly in a flat dish or container and set aside in the refrigerator while you make the marinade.
- In a food processor bowl, add coconut cream, tamari or soy sauce, fish sauce, chilli, Desert Lime and Finger Lime, garlic, ginger, lime leaves and sea salt. Blitz until well combined.
- Pour marinade over chicken skewers and marinate for at least 21/2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat a fry pan, grill pan or bbq grill to medium high heat. Cook skewers in batches, turning occasionally, until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Serve immediately with native Wattleseed Peanut Sauce, lime wedges, coriander sprigs and fresh chilli.
- Try replacing chicken with pork, beef, lamb or vegetables, or your own meat and vegetable combinations.
- Try replacing peanut butter with almond butter to give your peanut sauce a different flavour.
- Store leftover skewers in the refrigerator. They’re just as tasty served cold or as a lunchbox snack.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co.
Styling & photography @jules_mckie