Mountain Pepper Leaf Baba Ganoush
Rich, smoky and creamy Baba Ganoush gets a tad spicier with the addition of Mountain Pepper Leaf. This dip is delicious with pita chips, on a wrap or with veggie sticks.
- Start the barbecue or charcoal grill.
- Preheat an oven to 190°C
- Prick the aubergine with a fork in several places and place on the grill rack. Grill, turning frequently, until the skin blackens and blisters and the flesh just begins to feel soft, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the aubergine to a baking sheet and bake until very soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the aubergine from the oven, let cool slightly, and peel off and discard the skin.
- Place the aubergine flesh in a bowl. Using a fork, mash the eggplant to a paste.
- Add the 1/4 cup tahini, the garlic, the 1/4 cup lemon juice, the cumin and mountain bush pepper and mix well.
- Season with salt, then taste and add more tahini and/or lemon juice, if needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and serve at room temperature with pitas or vegetables for dipping.