Mountain Pepperberry Sweet Potato Toast with Lemon Myrtle Avo
While the origins of Smashed Avo are debated, its link to Australian chefs is undisputed. And what’s more Aussie than Australian native ingredients? So we decided to enhance this brekky delicacy by combining two of our favourite native, Lemon Myrtle and Mountain Pepperberry.
Mountain Pepperberry Sweet Potato Toast
- Slice sweet potato into 5mm slices lengthwise.
- Combine EVOO, Mountain Pepperberry & 1/2 tsp sea salt in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush each side of the sweet potato slices lavishly.
- Heat toasted sandwich maker and cook the oiled sweet potato slices in batches until toast sweet potato until golden, crisp and tender.
Lemon Myrtle Avo Smash
- Roughly smash avocado with a fork. Stir through lemon juice, Lemon Myrtle, Mountain Pepperberry and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Top each slice of sweet potato toast with a healthy sized serving of smashed avocado.
- Top with crumbled goats cheese feta, toasted pepita seeds and snow pea tendrils. Delicious with a little crispy bacon on the side
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie