Oat Pancakes with a warm Davidson Plum Sauce
Start your day off with these delicious, fluffy oat pancakes with the added benefits of flaxseed, oat bran and Greek Yoghurt. The vibrant colour and taste of the Davidson Plum will make your mouth water and your taste buds sing – you’ll be diving in for seconds!
For the Pancakes
- In a blender, pulse oats until finely ground. Add the flaxseed meal, oat bran and cinnamon into the blender and mix for 30 seconds. Place aside.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the yoghurt, milk, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract until all combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mic thoroughly until you have a smooth mixture. Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan on a medium flame, and coat with coconut oil. Place 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the pan and cook both sides for 2-3 minutes, or until a golden brown. Add more coconut oil to the pan between batches if needed.
- Divide pancakes amongst plates, drizzle with the Davidson plum sauce and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Best served warm.
For the Sauce:
- In a blender, puree the blueberries, raspberries and Davidson Plum powder. Transfer the puree to a medium sized saucepan and add maple syrup.
- Bring the puree to a boil, stir, then reduce to low heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, reserve and keep at room temperature until the pancakes are ready.
This recipe was adapted from Jessica Gavin from the Culinary Scientist Blog