Quandong and Davidson Plum Pancakes with Homemade Berry Jam
Pancakes for breakfast? Every day of the week, especially when they’re healthy and bursting with nutrients like this recipe is! The sweetness of the Quandong is beautifully balanced out with the tartness of our Davidson Plum, making for an explosion of different flavours in the mouth!
- Put the flour, eggs, milk, 1 tbsp oil, vanilla, Quandong and Davidson Plum and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter. Set aside for 30 mins to rest if you have time, or start cooking straight away.
- Set a medium frying pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper.
- When hot, cook your pancakes for 1 minute on each side until golden, keeping them warm in a low oven as you go.
- For the homemade berry jam, set a small pot over medium heat and add in the mixed berries and sugar or stevia. Let the jam simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring it regularly. Once ready, stack the pancakes on top of each other and serve with the berry jam on top.
- Drizzle with Maple Syrup and sprinkle with Davidson Plum and Quandong powder for garnish and enjoy!