Rhubarb, Ginger & Strawberry Gum Cake
This recipe is wheat and dairy free, has no refined sugar and is low in fat. We’ve added Strawberry Gum, which has a fruity, strawberry/passionfruit flavour and is slightly balsamic.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C Fan.
- Add the oats to a blender and process until they become a fine flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Add the apple sauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder and strawberry gum to the bowl and fold it all together.
- Fold in the chopped rhubarb and grated ginger.
- Grease an 8 x 8inch tray and fill with mixture. Note, the mixture will rise a little so fill about 3/4 of the way. Bake for 25 minutes or so.
- It’s ready to come out when golden on top and and if you stick a fork in, it comes out clean. Cool in the tray for 5 minutes and then slice and enjoy!