Roasted Root Vegetables with Cinnamon Myrtle Brown Butter
A simple brown butter gets even better with the addition of Cinnamon Myrtle. Carrots are available year round, so we think this dish can be enjoyed year round! Just swap out the pumpkin for whatever else is in season and adjust cooking time accordingly.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Arrange vegetables on a baking tray and coat with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20-25 mins until carrots are vegetables are lightly charred.
- Put the hazelnuts on a small baking tray and transfer to oven for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, for the brown butter, heat a thick-bottomed skillet on medium heat. Add the butter (if you slice it, it will melt¬†more evenly) whisking frequently. Continue to cook the butter.
- Once melted the butter will foam up a bit, then subside. Add the Cinnamon Myrtle. Watch carefully as lightly browned specks begin to form at the bottom of the pan. Smell the butter; it should have a nutty aroma. Remove from heat and place on a cool surface to help stop the butter from cooking further and burning.
- Arrange vegetables on a tray, sprinkle with hazelnuts and drizzle the brown butter on top. Garnish with micro herbs if you wish. Makes for a delicious accompaniment to grilled or roasted meats.