Roasted Wattleseed & Cinnamon Myrtle Banana Bread
Banana bread is one of those classic comfort foods that fills the entire house with a sweet aroma and seems to make everything that little bit better. This banana bread does all that and more. It’s super-moist texture melts in your mouth and the addition of our award-winning Roasted Wattleseed extract, Roasted Wattleseed and Cinnamon Myrtle turns it from a simple banana bread into something magical and quite possibly the best-ever. And it’s also gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
Time: Prep Time: 10 mins / Cooking Time: 55 mins
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Roasted Wattleseed extract
- 1 tsp Roasted, Ground Wattleseed
- 1 tbsp TASC Cinnamon Myrtle, finely ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
Optional extras: . cup chopped walnuts or pecans, finely ground cacao nibs or chocchips, dried or fresh banana slices.
- Preheat oven to 165ÅãC and grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and line with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the coconut nut oil, honey or maple syrup together with a whisk or electric stand mixer, until creamy. Add the eggs and beat for 1 minute, then mix in the mashed banana and milk until well combined.
- Sift the buckwheat flour, almond meal and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the Roasted Wattleseed Extract, Roasted, Ground Wattleseed, Cinnamon Myrtle and salt. If you’re adding any extras like nuts, choc-chips or dried banana, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with a little extra Roated, Ground Wattleseed.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes before transferring your loaf to a wire rack to cool before slicing.
- To serve dust with a little icing sugar and a dollop of cream or just eat it as is