Roasted Wattleseed & Cinnamon Myrtle Banana Bread
Banana bread is one of those classic comfort foods that fills the entire house with a sweet aroma and seems to make everything that little bit better. This banana bread does all that and more. It’s super-moist texture melts in your mouth and the addition of our award-winning Roasted Wattleseed extract, Roasted Wattleseed and Cinnamon Myrtle turns it from a simple banana bread into something magical and quite possibly the best-ever. And it’s also gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
- Preheat oven to 165°C and grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and line with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the coconut nut oil, honey or maple syrup together with a whisk or electric stand mixer, until creamy. Add the eggs and beat for 1 minute, then mix in the mashed banana and milk until well combined.
- Sift the buckwheat flour, almond meal and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the Roasted Wattleseed Extract, Roasted, Ground Wattleseed, Cinnamon Myrtle and salt. If you’re adding any extras like nuts, choc-chips or dried banana, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with a little extra Roasted, Ground Wattleseed.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes before transferring your loaf to a wire rack to cool before slicing.
- To serve dust with a little icing sugar and a dollop of cream or just eat it as is
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie