Salted Dark Chocolate, Wattleseed Ganache Tart
Recipe by former MasterChef contestant Jess Hodge.
Photographed by Emily Harris.
Chocolate Tart Crust
- Sift together flour, Cacao, Sugar and Salt into a large mixing bowl along with wattle seed. Mix.
- Add the cold Butter cut into small cubes. Mix it with the dry ingredients by rubbing it between your fingers
- Add Egg and mix until a smooth, soft dough forms. Refidgerate for 1hr
- Once chilled, roll in to a large circule 3mm thick. Line tart ring or pan. Trim to pan. Dock the bottom o the pastry with a fork. Return to fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to 160degC. Line tart case with baking paper and baking beads (or rice). Bake for 30-40mins. Set aside to cool down.
Chocolate Ganache Filling
- Place callets / Chips into a heat proof mixing bowl.
- Pour Cream into a small saucepan with wattleseed and heat over low heat until it begins to simmer.
- Using a chinois to filter wattleseed grounds, pour the hot cream over the chopped Chocolate and leave for 2 to 3 minutes without touching it. Then using a stiff spatula or silicone spatula, stir together in small circular movements, starting from the centre of the bowl then making your way towards the edges.
- Pour the warm Ganache in the baked Tart Crust. If needed, use a small offset spatula or the back of a spoon to spread it out. Place in the fridge to set for at least one hour, or until the ganache has hardened
- To finish, sprinkle with flaked salt such as Maldon.