Sweet Potato and Kakadu Plum Muffins
A wonderful on-the-go, savoury breakfast option or an afternoon snack, these Sweet Potato and Kakadu Plum Muffins are bursting with Vitamin C from both the sweet potato and our native Kakadu Plum extract. Enjoy a healthy and delicious start to your day!
- Begin by preheating the oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases or 15cm folded squares of greaseproof paper, then lightly wipe each one with oiled kitchen paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes or squash and coarsely grate into a large bowl. Trim the spring onions, then finely slice with the chilli and add to the bowl, reserving half the chilli to one side.
- Crack in the eggs, add the Kakadu Plum extract, the cottage cheese and flour, then finely grate in most of the Parmesan and season with sea salt and black pepper. Mix until nicely combined.
- Evenly divide the muffin mixture between the cases. Sprinkle over the sunflower and poppy seeds, then dot over the reserved slices of chilli.
- Use the remaining Parmesan to give a light dusting of cheese over each one, then bake at the bottom of the oven for 45 to 50 minutes (if using squash, it’ll be a bit quicker – check after 35 minutes), or until golden and set.
- These are amazing served warm 5 minutes after taking them out of the oven, and good kept in the fridge for a couple of days.
- Enjoy 2 muffins per portion.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver.Tips
These are freezer-friendly and great for the kids lunchbox.