Sweet Potato, Kale & Quinoa Fritters
Fritters, cakes, call them whatever you like, these little guys are so delicious and full of nutrients! Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin A (in the form of Beta Carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. We’ve added a spoonful of our finger lime powder, which is a great way to get your folate (especially during pregnancy) and Vitamin E for cell protection and disease prevention.
- Finely chop the kale.
- Place all ingredients inside a medium size bowl and mix well.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium size pan on medium heat.
- Shape the ingredients into 6 patties and place into pan. Slightly flatten the tops with a spatula.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Cool them on a rack.
- We fried up an egg to add some protein or you can serve with a simple side salad. Serve with your favourite condiment (we like plain greek yogurt mixed with one clove of grated garlic!).