Toasted Cauliflower Tabouli with Lemon & Aniseed Myrtle Dressing
This native take on the classic Middle Eastern tabouli salad swaps grains for
toasted cauliflower “rice” and adds a zingy dressing, highlighting our native Lemon & Aniseed Myrtle. It’s light, refreshing and nutritious and makes a great side dish to enjoy with grilled fish or chicken and barbecued or roasted meats.
Lemon & Aniseed Myrtle Dressing
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend for 10 seconds on high. Scrape down sides of blender with a spatular and blend for a further 10 seconds. Pour into a glass bottle or jar and refrigerate until needed.
Toasted Cauliflower Tabouli
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C. Spread coarsley grated cauliflower over two large baking trays and toast in oven for 10 – 12 minutes or until just slightly golden in colour, tossing half way through.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl along with tomatoes, parsley, mint, spring onion and lemon rind. Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of Lemon & Aniseed Myrtle Dressing and toss to combine. Season to taste and serve immediately.
- Serve with grilled fish or chicken and barbecued or roasted meats.
- Our Lemon & Aniseed Myrtle Dressing is a perfect dressing for any leafy green or garden salad.
- Cold tabouli is great to serve the next day in a wrap with cold meats or falafels.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie