Tofu Buddha Bowl with Cinnamon Myrtle & Tahini Dressing
Looking for some lunch or dinner inspiration? Look no further than this nourishing Tofu Buddha Bowl with Cinnamon Myrtle. It’s Australia’s native cinnamon and imparts a warm, mildly spicy flavour to sweet and savoury dishes and works perfectly with this dish!
- Begin by preheating the oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Peel and cut the carrots into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas and carrots with the olive oil, Cinnamon Myrtle Powder, salt and pepper. Spread on a sheet and roast for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cook the quinoa in 2 cups of salted boiling water and add coconut oil (to taste). Cover and reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then, slice the tofu. Prepare the marinade by mixing together in a medium-sized bowl the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and maple syrup. Add the tofu and set aside to marinate.
- Prepare the tahini sauce by mixing all ingredients in a bowl or a salad dressing bottle and stir or shake until combined.
- Chop the cabbage and toss with a bit of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Slice the cucumber. Slice the dragon fruit and grapefruit.
- Over medium-high heat, grill the marinated tofu slices for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- In a large soup bowl, put the quinoa, chickpeas and carrots to one side, then the cabbage and avocado on the other. Add the tofu slices and drizzle generously with the dressing and enjoy