Vegan Cauliflower Nuggets & Kakadu Plum Chilli Sauce
A delicious, meat free alternative to traditional chicken nuggets, these cauliflower nuggets are great dipped in our Kakadu Plum Chilli Sauce. If you have access to fresh Kakadu Plums over store bought plums, great! If not, you’ll get all the nutritional properties of this miracle fruit by adding a couple spoons of our Freeze Dried Kakadu Plum Powder (1 tbsp is the equivalent of 10 fruits!)
- Preheat oven to 180 celsius.
- Combine all dry ingredients and all wet ingredients in two separate bowls.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces into the milk. Then dip in the flour mixture and coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the cauliflower in a single layer.
- Bake for ten minutes, then flip the pieces.
- Bake for another ten minutes to brown all around.
- Remove the sheet from the oven. Dip the cauliflower into the remaining milk and return to the oven for five more minutes.
- Serve hot or cold. Garnish with fresh herbs of your choosing (coriander would be great!)
Kakadu Plum Chili Sauce
- Wash plums.
- Place plums in a saucepan and add water just to barely cover them. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until skins have burst and plums are soft, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place a colander over a bowl. Put the plums in the colander and press with the back of a spoon to squeeze out the juice. (You could also do this in a cheesecloth bag.) Allow the plums to drain until all juice is removed.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute the minced garlic, chilli pepper and ginger in a tablespoon of water for 2 minutes, adding more water if needed to prevent sticking.
- Add the plum juice and the remaining ingredients. Bring to a low boil and simmer until mixture reduces and thickens by almost half. Taste to see if any sauce is sweet or sour enough; if not add sweetener or vinegar to taste.
- Serve with your vegan cauliflower nuggets!