Vegan, Gluten-Free Blueberry, Coconut & Lemon Myrtle Muffins
The Lemon Myrtle adds a subtle citrusy flavour and is a exceptional vegan source of calcium and lutein (a carotenoid vitamin that plays an important role in eye health).
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line a muffin tin with liners or generously grease the inside of each cup with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, flax seeds, lemon myrtle, salt, and xanthan gum.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and non-dairy milk.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, mashed banana, shredded coconut.
- Add the coconut oil mixture to the dry mixture stir until combined taking care not to over mix. Fold in banana mixture until incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter into the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the largest muffin comes out clean.
This recipe was originally from Yummy Mummy Club and has been repurposed to include Lemon Myrtle for added calcium. See the original recipe here.Tips
If you’re thawing frozen blueberries, it might be a good idea to let them sit in a colander in the sink to drain any excess moisture.