Vitamin C Boosting Iced Tea with Native Kakadu Plum & Finger Lime
Is there anything better than a tall glass of tangy iced tea? Actually there is! Our Vitamin C Boosting Iced Tea with Kakadu Plum & Finger Lime. It’s not only refreshing and easy to make, it’s also bursting with Vitamin C goodness and full of perfectly balanced, aromatic flavour. Served over ice with slices of lemon and lime and fresh mint leaves, it’s perfect for a summers day and to help keep the winter sniffles at bay.
- Bring 2 litres of water to a gentle boil in a large saucepan. Remove from heat and add the baking soda
- Place loose leaf tea in a tea infuser or if using tea bags, add to the hot water mixture. Cover and allow to steep for about 1/2 an hour.
- Remove tea infuser or tea bags. Add honey (or sugar), TASC Kakadu Plum Freeze Dried Powder and Finger Lime Freeze Dried Powder, and whisk until dissolved.
- Stir in lemon and lime juice and place in the refrigerator to cool for about 1 hour.
- Pour iced tea into a large jug, ready to serve.
Place a handful of ice cubes in each glass and pour over iced tea. Add slices of lemon and lime to each glass, top with fresh mint leaves and serve immediately.Tips
- Try replacing Kakadu Plum and Finger Lime powder with 2 tablespoons of our Vitamin C Booster
- Store leftover iced tea in the refrigerator until needed or freeze into ice block or ice cube moulds.
- For a decaffeinated version try using decaffeinated black tea, rooibos tea or a citrus herbal tea.
- For an alternative sweetener, try a little stevia.
- Used tea and tea bags can be added to your compost.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie