Wattleseed and Chocolate Cake
Who doesn’t like the combo of chocolate and a nutty flavour!? This is our go-to when we need to prepare a sweet dish for our guests.
- Preheat over the 180 degrees Celcius (or 160 degrees Celcius fan-forced).
- Grease and line a 22cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the water, sugar or stevia, rice malt syrup or honey, butter or coconut oil, cacao powder and bicarbonate of soda in a large saucepan over low heat. Heat, stirring until the butter has melted. Increase the heat to medium and bring to a simmer. The mixture will rise and double in its size. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, add vanilla and whisk in the eggs.
- Sift the flour, Ground Wattleseed and baking powder into a bowl and add to the egg mixture, whisking until just combined. Pour the batter into your prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- For the icing, combine all the ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl, mixing well. Scoop the icing onto the cooled cake, spreading gently over the top.
- Store the cake in the fridge covered up to 7 days. Enjoy.