Whole-Roasted Baby Cauliflower with Lemon Myrtle & Mountain Pepper Leaf Infused Yoghurt Dressing
This whole-roasted baby cauliflower certainly has plenty of “wow” factor and is one of our absolute favourite recipes. We’ve taken a humble cauliflower and turned into the main attraction for your next dinner party, dressing it lavishly with our piquant Lemon Myrtle & Mountain Pepper Leaf Infused Yoghurt Dressing, before baking it in a hot oven until it’s tender and golden. It’s undeniably delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Total Cook Time: 1 hour
- 3 baby or 1 large cauliflower
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Lemon Myrtle
- 1/2 tsp TASC Mountain Pepper Leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Mountain Pepperberry, coarsley ground
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place a large steamer basket over a pot of boiling water.
- Rinse cauliflower under cold water to remove any dust and dirt, leaving the outer leaves in tact. Using a sharp knife cut a cross in the base of the stem to allow for even cooking.
- Place cauliflower in a large steamer basket over boiling water and season with 1 teaspoon of sea salt. Steam for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is almost tender, but not soft.
- Using a whisk, combine yoghurt, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, lemon myrtle, mountain pepper leaf and 1 teaspoon of sea salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside until cauliflower is ready to go in the oven.
- Remove cauliflower from steamer basket and place on lined baking tray. Rub 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the cauliflower and outer leaves. Spoon yoghurt dressing over cauliflower and place in pre-heated oven for approximately 40 minutes or until golden but not burnt.
- Remove cauliflower from oven, drizzle with remaining olive oil and season with coarsley ground Mountain Pepperberry. Serve with your favourite roast meat and vegetables or with a large bowl of dressed and tossed garden salad.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie