Finger Lime Slaw Salad with Chicken
Healthy and delicious, this zesty slaw makes for an ideal dinner and can be enjoyed as leftovers for tomorrows lunch! Citrusy and refreshing thanks to the Finger Lime extract, you’ll make everyone in the work office jealous…trust!
- Place your chicken marinade into a non-metallic bowl and mix. Add the whole chicken breast (or you can slice if easier). Mix so the chicken has been coated, place in the fridge, at least 30 minutes.
- For the dressing, combine the Finger Lime extract, soy, honey, mirin or rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, celery, green and white onion and toss to combine. Transfer the slaw to a serving dish.
- Add dressing to slaw
- Heat your pan then cook your chicken on medium heat. Once cooked take off and place on a plate and cover with foil, resting for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken (if not sliced already) and serve over slaw.
- Serve with quinoa if desired and enjoy!
To shred carrot use a julienne peeler. This looks like a conventional vegetable peeler, but has little ‘teeth’ that help create strips of vegetables.