Native Ingredient Energy Bites
Are you looking for a healthy, energy packed snack that will fill you up and let you enjoy native ingredients at the same time? These energy bites are the answer. While you might think about buying these, the truth is, they are easy to make yourself and you can load them up with native ingredients. The ones below make use of Wattleseed and cinnamon myrtle and have cacao added for a slight chocolate hit. You can play around with the flavours however and add Davidson Plum or Riberry for a bit of a tart hit, or use aniseed myrtle for a sweeter licorice taste. Play around in your own kitchen and find your favourite combination!
- Add all of the ingredients except for the almond milk and coconut oil to a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly and starts to clump together.
- Once it starts to form small clump, add coconut oil and almond milk.
- Process again and it should come together in one large clump.
- Once it is clumped together, turn off the food processor and place the contents in a bowl.
- Break off golf ball size pieces and then roll into a ball.
- Place the finished balls in an airtight container and refrigerate or freeze and enjoy as desired!