Orange and Wattleseed Butter Cake
- Cream butter, essence and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, beat until combined.
- Divide mixture in half in two separate bowls.
- To one of the bowls add 1 tbsp of wattleseed, ¾ cup of flour and ¼ cup of milk. Mix till combined.
- To the other bowl, add ¾ cup of flour, rind from one orange and ¼ cup of milk or orange juice. Mix till combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin – greased and lightly floured – alternating mixtures.
- Gently stir a knife through the mixture to give a swirl effect.
- Bake in 180 C oven for approximately 40 mins.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar if you desire!
To see the original recipe, which uses caster sugar instead of coconut, visit Gourmet Nation.