Pumpkin Finger Lime Laksa
With fibre rich pumpkin in season and the autumn weather rolling in, our pumpkin laksa recipe is sure to warm you up. We’ve added a little bit of Freeze Dried Finger Lime Powder for that hint of citrus flavour common in Asian cuisine.
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat and add the sesame oil. Once hot, add the garlic, ginger, fresno pepper and green onions. Cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until soft + fragrant.
- Slowly stir in the vegetable both and add the cubed pumpkin. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkin is fork tender. Add around half to 3/4 of the soup to a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. Return the soup to the pot.
- Add the peanut butter, finger lime, soy sauce, fish sauce and coconut milk, stirring to combine. Add the broccoli and eggplant and cook until tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles according to package directions.
- Once the broccoli is tender, remove it from the heat and stir in the cilantro + basil. Ladle the soup into bowls and add a big handful of rice noodles.