Chocolate Wattleseed Muesli Bars
If you haven’t experienced the incredible wattleseed and chocolate combination, you are sadly missing out. The nutty texture and flavour of Wattleseed means it lends itself well to the slightly sweet notes of cacao and chocolate. It helps add a crunchy texture to things like cookies, bars and energy bites, and it is a valuable source of plant based protein.
Native ingredients are a great addition to your favourite baked treats. they are easy to incorporate without needing to dramatically alter your recipe or sacrifice quality. Furthermore, they allow you to add extra nutrients and health benefits, including Vitamin C, zinc, antioxidants and much more. If you’re keen to try Wattleseed, make your own snack bars and get to eat chocolate, these healthy bars are the place to start!
- Begin by soaking dates in boiling water and then set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, stir together oat flour, whole oats, whole wheat flour, cacao, sugar and wattleseed.
- Add honey, tahini, and olive oil.
- In a blender, combined soaked dates and soaking water, banana, almond milk and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Add blender mixture to bowl with flour and stir to combine. Once fully combined, add in desired mix-ins, such as sultanas, chocolate chips, nuts or seeds.
- Once combined, press mixture into a rectangular pan lined with baking paper, and bake in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees Celsius for 20-30 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack before slicing into bars.