Christmas Wreath Pavlova
- Preheat oven to 120C fan-forced
- Add egg white and a tablespoon of sugar to your stand mixer fitted with the whisk. Whisk on medium until the egg whites begin to turn white and foamy. Then slowly add a tablespoon of sugar at a time while mixing until all sugar is added. Continue whisking until the meringue is thick, white and glossy with all sugar dissolved. Check this by rubbing a small amount of meringue between two fingers, if grainy, keep whisking.
- Then trace around a small dinner plate (20-25cm) onto baking paper. Then trace around a coffee cup inside that circle to create a stencil for your wreath shape.
- Place the baking paper onto a round baking tray and spoon big dollops of meringue onto the stencil, keeping in the lines as best you can. Once you’ve used all your meringue, let it ‘air dry’ for 10 minutes then place into the oven to cook for 50 minutes or until the meringue shell is hard.
- While the meringue is cooking, combine curd ingredients in a small saucepan until completely smooth. Then put the saucepan onto your smallest hob on your stove. Heat it gently on low, stirring constantly, until the curd comes together and thickens to coat the back of a spoon. This usually takes about 15 minutes. Set this aside to cool while your meringue finishes cooking.
- Place the cream ingredients into a stand mixer fitted with a whisk. Whisk on medium until soft-medium peaks form. Keep in the fridge until you’re ready to dress your pavlova.