Native Rocky Road
The best rocky road is a combination of chewy Turkish delight, fluffy marshmallows and crunchy roasted pistachios enrobed in creamy milk chocolate. Ours is all this and more and features our Native Strawberry Gum Turkish Delight and Roasted Wattleseed infused milk chocolate. It’s the rocky road of all rocky road! In fact, it’s so good, you may even want to double the recipe.
- To make the milk chocolate, place the cacao butter into a medium-size heat proof bowl. Place 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan over low heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Place bowl on top of saucepan to create a double boil- er, making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir cacao butter often until just melted.
- Once melted, add sugar, cocoa powder and milk powder and stir until well combined and the chocolate is smooth and silky.
- Remove from heat and stir in Roasted Wattleseed and vanilla paste.
- Transfer chocolate to a large metal bowl and continue moving the chocolate around the bowl in a stiring motion for approximately 5 minutes, until the choco- late begins to cool.
- Set aside to cool while you prepare the other ingredients, but do not refrigerate.
- Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking paper.
- Add large pieces of Native Strawberry Gum Turkish Delight, marshmallows and roasted pistachios to cooled chocolate and stir until the add-ins are completely enrobed in chocolate.
- Pour rocky road into prepared tin and spread over an even layer.
- Refrigerate until set. Remove from refrigerator and cut into large squares.
- Making your own chocolate is a lot of fun and very satisfying, but if you’re short on time, you can use any store bought quality milk chocolate, melted over a double boiler for this recipe.
- Add chopped roasted almonds, hazelnuts or peanuts instead of pistachios, or a combination of your choosing.
- Just like Turkish delight, homemade rocky road makes a great edible gift for friends and family.