Coconut and Wattleseed ANZAC biscuits
These ANZAC biscuits are a true delight. Unlike most, they are free from refined sugar, gluten and dairy and have the added health benefits of native Wattleseed.
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, coconut flour, shredded coconut, macadamia nuts, wattleseed and bicarbonate soda. Mix well.
- In a small pot, over a low flame, combine the water, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla bean paste and sea salt. Stir to combine and heat for one minute. Set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients from the pot and the eggs to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Form small balls with the Anzac mixture and press firmly between your palms to form a flat cookie shape. Spread out evenly on baking sheets.
- Bake in oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This delicious recipe was created by the lovely Shelley Kamil, health and wellness coach, mother of two gorgeous girls and fitness enthusiast. Follow Shelley’s cooking creations here.