Decadent Lamington Bliss Balls with Kakadu Plum & Davidson Plum Coconut Coating
These Lamington Bliss Balls are our take on the ever-so humble, iconic Australian Lamington. We’ve taken the traditional cube of white sponge cake and turned it into a healthful raw treat. Combining macadamias, coconut, and a little Kakadu Plum powder, with a few complementary ingredients, to create a creamy, decadent mixture. We’ve then shaped them into balls, dipped them in melted dark chocolate, and rolled them in our special Davidson Plum Coconut Coating. Oh, and let’s not forget that little pop of raspberry in the centre. We’re certain even the purists would agree, this little raw Lamington treat deserves to be celebrated and at the very least, a shot at the title.
- To make the bliss balls, add macadamias and coconut to a food processor and process until the mix becomes a fine crumb.
- Add Kakadu Plum powder, rice malt syrup, coconut oil, vanilla paste and sea salt, and process until combined.
- Take 1 – 2 tablespoons of bliss ball mixture and flatten it out in your hand to form a round disc like shape. Place a raspberry in the centre of the flattened disc, and seal the mixture around the Gently roll into a ball, making sure there are no gaps. Repeat until all the mixture, and the raspberries have been used.
- Place the balls on a lined plate or tray, and set aside in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- To make the coconut coating, combine 1/2 a cup of desiccated coconut and Davidson Plum powder in a bowl and mix. Use the other 1/2 a cup of the coconut as a plain coating for half of the bliss balls.
- Once the bliss balls are firm to the touch, melt the dark chocolate in a double-boiler over low heat. Allow to cool slightly before coating balls
- Remove bliss balls from the refrigerator. Using a fork, quickly and carefully dip each ball in the melted chocolate, then toss in the coconut mixture. Place on a wire rack, over a plate or tray, and allow to set.
- Store the bliss balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. To serve, remove from the refrigerator and allow to sit for1/2 an hour before serving.
- Try replacing Kakadu Plum Native Fruit Powder, with our Vitamin C Booster It also contains Vitamin C rich Kakadu Plum, plus pre and probiotics to deliver a daily dose of nutrient boosting goodness.
- Try cashews or almonds or a combination, as an alternative option.
- Rice malt syrup can be replaced with maple syrup.
- Bliss balls can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month. Remove from freezer to thaw before serving.
Recipe @jules_mckie for The Australian Superfood Co. Styling & photography @jules_mckie