Moroccan Vegetable Curry with Cinnamon Myrtle
A healthy curry that gets its warm and depth of flavour from the native Australian herb Cinnamon Myrtle. Serve with rice, quinoa, couscous or crusty bread.
- Wash and chop eggplant nto cubes.
- Chop the onion roughly.
- Mince the garlic.
- Coat a large frying pan with olive oil and turn up to medium high heat.
- Add the minced garlic, onion, chilli powder, cumin and Cinnamon Myrtle. Stir well to coat evenly. Cook until the onions have softened (approx. 4-5 minutes).
- Add the eggplant, tomatoes and chickpeas, along with the stock. Simmer over medium-low heat, covered, for 15-20 minutes (until the eggplant is tender).
- Uncover and stir. If it is too watery, allow to cook for a few more mins on high and then reduce to low and allow to simmer 2-3 mins.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into serving bowls and serve with rice, couscous, quinoa or bread.