NUTTY CRUNCH CHOCOLATE
Rich dark chocolate is studded with buttery chunks of roasted Sandalwood Nuts and offset by the delicate crunch and deep flavour of ground Wattleseed.
Toasting the Sandalwood Nuts further enhances their rich flavour. It is not essential for this recipe, but I highly recommend the extra five minutes.
This is a spectacular but incredibly easy way to enjoy native flavours.
Note: If you don’t have chocolate moulds, you can use ice cube trays or you can pour it out not a tray and break it into pieces once set.
- Place your Sandalwood Nuts in a dry pan over medium heat, shaking frequently, until they smell deliciously toasted.
- Remove and let cool before roughly chopping them into your preferred size.
- Chop your chocolate into small pieces and place into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in 30 second bursts, stirring in between, until the chocolate is half melted and half solid.
- Remove and stir until it has completely melted.
- This can also be done in a glass bowl over barely simmering water but remove at the half-melted mark.
- This ensures that you don’t overheat the fats in the chocolate and gives you a perfect temper, every time.
- Sprinkle a very small amount of chopped nuts over the bottom of your moulds and then add the remaining nuts and the Wattleseed to the melted chocolate.
- Stir until well combined.
- Carefully spoon into chocolate moulds and then tap firmly on the bench to help settle the chocolate.
- Leave to set at room temperature – not in the fridge – until firm and then turn out of the moulds.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.