Phillippa’s Bakery Lamingtons
The holidays are approaching, and whether you are looking to spend some extra time in the kitchen or are looking for a way to entertain the kids during school holidays, Lamingtons are always a win. We are honoured to have Phillippa herself from Phillippa’s Bakery share her recipe for this Aussie classic.
- 800g sponge approx. 4cm high, 24x34cm approx.
- Mix together jam and extract
- Trim edges off sponge
- Split sponge in half horizontally
- Spread with plum jam
- Sandwich sponge together
- Cut into 30 cubes (5×6)
- Mix together
White Chocolate Ganache
- Place finely chopped chocolate in small heatproof bowl.
- Set over warm water on low heat (water should not touch bottom of bowl).
- Stir very frequently until almost melted. Remove from heat; stir until smooth.
- In small saucepan over low heat, heat cream just to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; add two-thirds of hot cream to melted white chocolate.
- Gently stir to incorporate, then beat until smooth.
- Gradually stir in remaining cream.
- Dip the sponge squares in white chocolate and roll in coconut mixture.
- Leave to dry on a wire rack.