Raw Cinnamon Myrtle “Cheesecake”
This cake is a real (guilt-free) crowd pleaser! We’ve added Cinnamon Myrtle for a native Australian twist.
- Place the cashews in a medium size bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak overnight (we‚Äôre activating the nuts here!).
- The following day, drain the water from the nuts and pat them dry with a paper towel or dishtowel.
- Combine all the filling ingredients, except 1/2 tsp cinnamon, in a food processor and blend on high until the mixture is smooth.
- Add all of the crust ingredients in a food processor and process until little crumbles begin to form. If you‚Äôre noticing the mixture is too dry, add the water and process again.
- In a 8.5 inch round pan, begin pressing the crust crumbles into the bottom, then smooth all but 2 tbsp of the cheesecake filling on top.
- Combine the reserved 1/2 tsp cinnamon with the reserved 2 tbsp cheesecake filling. Spread this paste on top of the pie, then use a fork to swirl it around the cheesecake.
- Freeze until the cheesecake is firm enough to slice.
This recipe has been adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie. Read the original recipe here.