Roasted Chickpeas 3 Ways
One for every mood, these crunchy bite sized snacks are like little explosions of flavour. Seasoned and balanced to perfection and boasting in nutrients, we’d say they’re the perfect snack – you can even throw them in a salad. Put a little sweet folate and calcium in your day, some spicy vitamin E and a dash of salty iron and zinc.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C and line 3 separate baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Pat dry your rinsed chickpeas with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture and set aside to air dry on a tea towel for 5 minutes.
- Once dry, toss chickpeas with olive oil in 3 separate bowls (sweet, spicy and salty). In your ‘sweet’ mix, gently stir through maple syrup, in your spicy mix, gently stir through the salt and lime juice and in your ‘salty’ mix gently stir through the salt and garlic. Make sure chickpeas are coated.
- Spread chickpeas in an even, single layer on baking trays keeping your flavours separate and bake for 20mins, or until they appear golden and crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Shake the trays at 10min intervals to ensure an even cook and be careful not to let your top tray burn.
- Meanwhile. Combine your remaining seasoning ingredients in 3 separate bowls (sweet, spicy and salty). After removing your chickpeas from the oven, toss them through their corresponding flavours and store separated.
- And snack away!