Bush Berry Muffins
Pretty in pink, these muffins are almost too cute to eat… but too yummy not to. They’re light, zesty, moist, dairy free and refined sugar free, making them the perfect treat for morning tea. High in folate, magnesium, calcium and antioxidants, these cuties are a healthy way to enjoy muffins, without fashioning a muffin top.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine coconut milk, lime juice, flax and vanilla in a bowl and set aside for 5-10 minutes, or until mixture has thickened.
- Meanwhile, lightly blitz strawberries and banana in a food processor until gluggy. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt coconut oil and maple syrup on low heat. Remove saucepan from burner and stir through flax mixture and strawberry and banana.
- In a medium bowl, add spelt flour, macadamia meal, baking powder, salt, Riberry and Quandong, mixing using a whisk to ensure all lumps are broken down.
- Combine both wet mixes in one bowl then add to dry mix and stir, being careful not to overwork.
- Divide mixture evenly into a muffin tray lined with paper muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes. To check they are ready, insert a skewer down the centre of a muffin. If it comes out dirty, continue cooking until ready, checking at 5 minute intervals.
- Set aside to cool before serving with fresh berries.