Davidson Plum and Macadamia Crumble
If you’re a sucker for easy bakes with a nutritional twist, then this one’s for you. When making a crumble, it’s all about that warm, rough crust followed by a soft and fragrant centre, and that’s exactly what you get with this Macadamia and Davidson Plum delight. Enjoy the smooth, rich blend of macadamias and coconut oil, and brace yourself for the harmonious balance that is tangy Davidson Plum with vanilla and maple. Give your sweet tooth what it wants while giving your body the nourishment and nutrition it needs, and your kitchen will be wafting with sweet aromas for days.
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180°C.
- Boil ½ cup water in a small pot, add Davidson Plums, 1 tsp vanilla bean paste and 2
- tbs maple syrup. Lower to a gentle simmer and stir occasionally until liquid is
- Place nectarines and raspberries into a greased baking dish (or individual ramekins);
- add Davidson Plum mixture and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Heat a small skillet over a low flame and add coconut oil, 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, 4
- tbs maple syrup and sea salt. Stir to combine (careful not to burn) then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, quinoa and macadamia nuts. Pour the coconut oil
- and maple syrup mixture over the top and mix together.
- Spread the oat mixture, on top of the fruit and sprinkle with shredded coconut and
- cinnamon. Bake for 20 minutes or until nectarines are tender and crumble is golden.
- Serve with a side of natural yoghurt. Enjoy.
This delicious recipe was created by the lovely Shelley Kamil, health and wellness coach, mother of two gorgeous girls and fitness enthusiast. Follow Shelley’s cooking creations here.