Finger Lime & Sweet Sesame Tuna Sashimi Bowls
Freshen up your palette with our Australian rendition of a Japanese favourite. Keeping with tradition this recipe consists of a number of light components, each bursting with oriental blends that come together to create a masterpiece. A hint of Australian Finger Lime provides yet another layer of flavour, sitting delightfully alongside the sweet, the salty and the refreshing. Enjoy with a side of miso soup and a pair of chopsticks.
- In a small serving bowl, combine cucumber, rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp coconut sugar, sea salt and 2 tbs shallots, set aside.
- Combine sweet sesame and soy dipping sauce ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Divide the bok choy between two serving bowls, top each bowl with a portion of the cucumber mixture, 2 tbs crispy shallots, ¼ cup pickled ginger, spring onions, basil leaves and a splash of the sauce.
- Spread the Freeze Dried Finger Limes onto a plate and press the tuna into the powder, coating evenly on either side. Repeat with the sesame seeds. Slice tuna carefully into bite sized pieces.
- To serve, layer nori sheet, tuna and ¼ cup pickled ginger. Serve alongside sweet sesame sauce and bok choy salad.
This recipe was created by the talented Shelley Kamil, health and wellness coach, mother of two gorgeous girls and fitness enthusiast. Follow Shelley’s cooking creations here.